This role is responsible for managing a team of Technicians who will be servicing and maintaining our customers varied vehicle fleets in a well-equipped and maintained workshop. This will include mechanical, electrical repair and preventative maintenance of commercial vehicles. You will also lead by example by being productive when necessary and will be expected to undertake diagnostic and other more technical repairs as a means of maximising workshop productivity and the training of other less skilled technicians.
In this role you will be working alongside the Service Manager to lead a team of technicians as they service, test, repair and inspect your customers’ vehicles. You will ensure that all work is done to the highest standards and that time is used efficiently and effectively.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful company in a position that offers great facilities, real progression possibilities and full technical training to ensure you are at the cutting edge of product development.
Ideally you will be a fully skilled HGV Technician, holding a class 1 or class 2 driving licence is desirable. You may already have experience of managing or supervising a team of HGV Technicians, or you may be considering progression to this type of role.
- To effectively control the workshop through efficient operation of the workshop loading system.
- To be productive when necessary by completing diagnostic and more technical work and in so doing training less skilled operatives.
- Record and process information on work(s) carried out to customer vehicles
- Selling of value added and incremental products through effective communications with customers and team members.
- Maximise workshop performance by consistently delivering required Productivity, Utilisation and Efficiency levels for the Technicians.
- Operate and maintain an effective quality control system to ensure proper completion and handover of all jobs
- Ensure high level of compliance with Iveco workshop systems and procedures, particularly with the warranty repair process.
- Work with the Technicians to ensure they are working efficiently
- Operate the Dealer Management System effectively
- Assist with meeting key performance indicators and targets for the service department
- Ensure that safe working processes are followed and that Health and Safety legislation is complied with.
- Manage vehicle breakdowns
- Assist with periodical appraisals of technicians.
- You will have leadership skills and the ability to teach your team
- Self-motivated with a genuine can do attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and targets
- A desire to provide excellent customer service and to exceed customer expectations
- The ability to work effectively with individuals and a team
- Well organised with very good administrative and computer capabilities
- Excellent HGV Technical knowledge
- Experience within the last 10 years of working as a skilled and qualified HGV Technician
- Full clean driving licence C1 or C2.
- Previous people management experience
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- A strong desire to fulfil a customer’s requirements
- Strong computer skills and able to use commonly used computer programmes. Knowledge of Kerridge/CDK would be advantageous.
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills